Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 13 - Annual Venezuelan Christmas Festival

Well, another troop and now the report. I know, I know.... it is late. Newbie at blogging so please forgive. HA!

This past Saturday the 13th, the 501st and Rebel Legion attended the Annual Venezuelan Christmas Festival out in the Katy area. It was a cold, wet and loaded with kids. We started by marching on stage to some cool Star Wars music and then did photos for awhile. After this we patrolled the grounds taking pics along the way. There was a concert going on and one of our Santroopers TD-8735 and myself danced with some of the lovely ladies there. Yes!!! TK's can dance. haha Also, we had one of our troopers debut his Snow Trooper costume. All in All a nice troop that earned nearly 200 dollars for charity. This why we do this stuff, and we love it!! Anyways, I also wanted to say thanks to Kris Luke for coming out. He is working on his Anakin ep3 Sith costume and will soon be a legion member.

Below is the link to pics of the event. So, check back soon for updates!! Troop on!!!!
http://s713.photobucket.com/albums/w...la%20Festival/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the thanks, buddy--the festival was a good time, despite the weather, and it looks like the coordinators are very interested in having us back for future events-which is a great thing!
    Hey--you should let me know when you're planning on going surfing again: I haven't ridden a wave in years & am dying to get my hands on a good longboard to put under my feet. I know Galveston sucks for surf unless there's a storm brewing offshore, so we'll have to think of some spots to hit along the Texas coast that aren't more than a day's drive...I have a good buddy who's got a big house in Corpus that we could crash at if we ever wanted to hit South Padre for some waves--so let me know!

    ReplyDelete