Friday, November 27, 2009

November 27th, 2009

Howdy troopers!!! Well I am proud to say that as of today, the 501st Legion / Star Garrison South Texas Squad is moving right along to the finish this awesome year. This will be the first of many bloggs from me.

(Real quick intro :) )
I joined the Legion back in February this year and as of today I have suited up for nearly 35 events. I am a Stormtrooper and proud of it. Currently I have only this costume. I am working on a Royal Guard and Palpatine costumes. I have the mask & helmet, I just now need the robes. I also have two other Rebel legion costumes as well, but, I am not going to discuss that here in a Imperial Blogg. HAHA Recently I ran for Squad Leader and only lost by one vote. :( I love Star Wars and enjoy costuming. Fanboys was like a biography of myself and many like me. :)

Anyways,
In order to start this off, I will only reflect on our most recent event. Yesterday, on Thanksgiving morning the STX walked in the HEB Thanksgiving Parade in downtown Houson. Here is a link to my pics -

http://s713.photobucket.com/albums/ww133/cris-le-calis/Thanksgiving%20Parade/


The parade went very well. We had 9 troopers total. I know that this is a small amount of us for a parade, but HEY!! It was last minute. HAHA Vader, Anakin, Obiwan, Phase2 clone, 501st CLone, 2 TK's and a Sand Trooper and an Imperial Officer was the roster of costumes. Personally I think we made the parade awesome. The volume of cheers dramatically increased when we were walking along the parade route. All in All it was a successful troop.

Well, that will do it for now. These blogs will get bigger as I get used to to doing them. Thanks for reading and please keep following my reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment